MADE IN BRITAIN
VERDE ARTIFICIAL GRASS AND SYNTHETIC SURFACES FOR LANDSCAPING, LAWNS, LEISURE AND SPORT.
Please note: Verde artificial grasses are fully U.V. colour stabilised and are manufactured and supplied in 2 metre (6' 6'') and 4 metre (13') roll widths supplied in cut lengths to suit. Large areas are easily joined with special purpose tape and Verde Grass-Stick outdoor adhesive.
SUPER VERDETURF has a closely tufted, finely fibrillated pile which provides an excellent practise putting surface exclusive to Verde. Not only is Super Verdeturf a popular surface for lawn conversions, it has also been used to create over 80 adventure golf courses throughout Europe. Its soft feel, hardwearing fibres and an optional sand infill provides a surface for a diverse range of applications.
* 15mm closely tufted pile.
* Olive green fibrillated polypropylene..
* Lay over a compacted aggregate base or spot stick to a smooth solid base.
* Lightly dress with kiln dried silica sand (8kg/sq. metre) which is barely visible. Sand is optional for roof top gardens.
* Ideal for top quality gardens, nurseries, putting greens, patios and balconies.
Weight:2 kg per square metre
Yarn:Finely Fibrillated Polypropylene
Guarantee:5 years. Conditions apply
Life Expectancy:10 years+ in the UK – subject to installation and application
Super Verdeturf has an optional sand dressing of between 8–12kg per sq.metre, depending on the application. 8kg for a lawn conversion, 12kg for a practice putting green, none for a low traffic roof garden. Can be fitted over a bound or unbound sub-base (see installation guide).
How much grass do I need?
All Verde artificial grasses are manufactured in 2 metre (6' 6'') and 4 metre (13') roll widths supplied in cut lengths to suit. Measure the area(s) onto which the grass is to be fitted and, if necessary, draw a diagram of the area(s).
The pile of the grass is always directional to some degree. To ensure you have no colour shade variations it is imperative that all pieces be installed pointing in the same direction.To ensure you have no colour shade variations it is imperative that all pieces be installed in the same direction. Seaming Tape & All-Weather Adhesive will be required if you are installing more than one piece of artificial grass. This should be purchased with your order so that it can be delivered at the same time.
Fixing the artificial grass in place
* Roll the artificial grass carpet out over your pre-prepared base (see Technical Details 'Installing on Bound/Unbound surfaces), ensuring any multiple rolls are all laying in the same direction
* Trim to size and remove any excess selvedge with a sharp stanley knife, ideally cutting from the back side
* Secure any grass joins (see Technical Details 'Joins in Larger Installations')
* Fix the edges of the artificial grass over the timber surround or hold the grass in place with a small headed galvanised nails
* Closely tufted products, which do not require sand, should be fitted under tension
* Sand filled grasses should now be dressed with kiln dried silica sand, which is available from most builders merchants. The sand should firstly be evenly distributed over the area and then brushed into the pile using a stiff brush. The weight of the sand holds the grass in position.
Fixing the edges
1. By butting against an existing wall or upstanding kerb
2. By fixing to an edge board - tanalised timber 100mm x 25mm located by wooden pegs. 50mm x 50mm x 300mm is ideal
3. By placing the edge of the grass under paving stone
4. By burying the grass edge under adjacent natural turf
Maintaining the artificial grass
Verde Artificial Grasses are low maintenance surfaces. The rules are simple - remove debris, particularly leaves or pet droppings, since otherwise these will compost into the surface and allow moss to grow. Debris may be removed by sweeping and in dry conditions may be vacuumed with a domestic appliance or leaf blower. Do not vacuum sand-filled grasses - the machine will fill with sand!
If moss does form in the pile, it should be treated with a proprietary moss killer and swept throughly to remove dead material. A bass broom or similar stiff brush is best for maintaining a ''fresh'' appearance. Odd weeds, whcih may seed themselves in the surface may be removed by hand or spot-sprayed with general weedkiller.
Prices include UK Mainland Delivery but there will be a carriage surcharge applicable to orders less than £185.00 in total value (refer 'Delivery' details)